Traffic Alert: I-75 closure in Sarasota Co. | News
Sarasota, Fla. -- The Florida Highway Patrol has announced a portion of I-75 has been shutdown due to heavy fog conditions in Sarasota County.
The highway closure is in both directions near the 200 mile marker, between 205 Clark Road exit and 195 Laurel Road exit.
Since the original alert, the closure has expanded southward to the 193 exit. The FHP reports the expansion is due to poor visibility between the 195 mile marker and 193 marker.
Southbound traffic is being diverted off the interstate at exit 205 (Clark Road) and northbound traffic is being diverted off I-75 at the Jacaranda Blvd. exit. Motorist should use US-41 as an alternate north-south roadway at this time.
The duration of the road closure is unknown at this time.
Upcoming Events near Sarasota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Community comes through for National Cemetery in Sarasota
- Homeowners complain of noise from Bradenton Motorsport Park
- Major Bradenton road construction project update
- How Seniors in Florida Can Stay Socially Connected During the Holidays: Advice from Dr. Roger Landry
- Pirates announce 2014 Spring Training Schedule