Sarasota County Tax Collector provides drop-off boxes countywide | News
Sarasota, Florida -- Nov. 30 is the last day to pay property taxes with a 4% discount and that day, along with the day after the Thanksgiving holiday, usually brings in quite a crowd at the Sarasota County Tax Collector's Office.
In order to make it easier for taxpayers on Monday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 30, drive-thru service will be available from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at the following Tax Collector Service Centers:
- Downtown Sarasota - Terrace Building, 101 S. Washington Boulevard (south side)
- South Sarasota - West of Palmer Ranch Plaza, 8484 S. Tamiami Trail (south side)
- Venice - Anderson Administration Center, 4000 S. Tamiami Trail (east side, Florida Highway Patrol parking lot)
Tax Collector Barbara Ford-Coates also reminds taxpayers that "the 4% discount is given if you postmark or pay at www.SarasotaTaxCollector.com by Nov. 30."
In addition, 24-hour drop boxes are available at the above mentioned Service Centers and in North Port at the Supervisor of Elections Office, 13640 Tamiami Trail on Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; closed from noon to 1 p.m.
Also in North Port, on Nov. 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tax Collector staff will be in the lobby of City Hall to accept tax payments.
Upcoming Events near Sarasota
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Manatee County invites public to 12th annual Tour of Lights
- UPDATE: Community comes through for National Cemetery in Sarasota
- Homeowners complain of noise from Bradenton Motorsport Park
- Major Bradenton road construction project update
- How Seniors in Florida Can Stay Socially Connected During the Holidays: Advice from Dr. Roger Landry